East India Tours
India, a land with rich historical background, is a well defined collage of landscapes, historical monuments, towering mountains, diversified cultures, celebrations and lovely people. But that is not all about India, a lot more is yet to be discovered which cannot be described into words. Each part of this nation has an identity of its own though sustaining peacefully with its counterparts. The East India that comprises of West Bengal and Orissa sing along the same tune making it an out of the world experience for travelers.
East India which has evolved from times of yore will take you down the lanes of a culturally rich past, leaving you impressed with the amazing history and unique traditions attached to these places. The best part about East India Tours is that it offer perfect paradigm of coexistence of modern civilization and the past grandeur of the old towns of Maharajas.
Knowledge, entertainment, leisure, mysticism, adventure and what not you will gain during your East India tour. Orissa where the first crimson rays of sun falls is indeed a sunny place which offers a lot for taking your senses to new heights of experience.
The Sun Temple of Konark as the golden attraction of the package simply leaves you astonished with its ancient architectural style and beauty. The Chilka Lake, the legendary temple of Lord Jagannath, and several other tourist attractions are there to make your journey unforgettable.
Top East India Attractions
Below mentioned are top East India Attractions:
Guwahati – the city of eastern light
During the Mahabharata era, Guwahati was an imperative kingdom. Today apart from enjoying the status of being Assam’s leading industrial and commercial city, it also acts as a halt spot for tourists before they hit the road for North Eastern States.
The Major Highlights of Guwahati
- Kamakhaya Temple (one of the Goddess Durga’s 108 Shakti Peethas)
- Manas National Park (placed on the foothills of the Himalayas)
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary (Assam’s one of the major wildlife sanctuaries)
- Umananda Temple (located on a small island in Brahmaputra River known as Peacock Island)
Guwahati is known for its handicrafts. Also one can shop for skillfully woven mekhlas, shawls, saris etc. Pan Bazaar, beltola bazaar and Fancy Bazaar are the colorful markets one should definitely go for shopping spree.
Kaziranga National Park
Kaziranga National Park was included in the list of world heritage in the year 1985. Spread over a vast area, Kaziranga provides conservation to Great Indian Single Horned
Rhinoceros and is a habitat to several other wild species. The best time to visit Kaziranga National Park is from mid-November to early April. At Kaziranga, one can enjoy sightseeing of the plantations of tea, coffee and rubber in the nearby villages. On request film shows on wildlife can also be organized at different tourist lodges.
The major tourist attraction in Shillong
- Shillong Peak – situated 1965m above sea level takes your breath away with a panoramic view of the country side.
- Ward’s Lake – famous for its garden walks and boating, it is situated in the heart of city and attracts a lot of tourists.
- Golf Course – At the United States Golf Association Library and Museum, India’s third oldest golf course is nicknamed as ‘Gleneagle of the East’.
Other popular tourist’s hotspots are – State Museum, Lady Hydari Park, Bishop and Beadon falls, Sweet Falls and a lot more.
Temple City of India-Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar is an essential Hindu pilgrimage centre where ‘Lord Lingaraj’ or Tribhubaneswar resides. The hundred’s of temple designed with brilliant architectural skills represents the excellence of Indian sculptures. In the city one will experience how beautifully the modern infrastructure compliments the historical monuments.
One can visit Bhubaneswar any time of the year, the time period from October to March being ideal. Apart from ancient temples the other major popular highlights of Bhubaneswar are the twin hills Khandagiri and Udaygiri, The Cactus Garden, IMFA Park, Kalinga Stadium etc.
You Can Also East India Triangle Tour Options such as:
- North East Triangle Tour (Guwahati – Kaziranga – Shillong)
- Enchanting Eastern India (Darjeeling – Sikkim – Kalimpong)
- The Eastern India Golden Triangle (Delhi – Bhubaneswar – Konark – Puri)
- Assam Valley Golden Triangle Tours (Guwahati – Jorhat – Kaziranga)
- Eastern Himalaya Golden Triangle (Delhi – Bhubaneswar – Konark – Puri)
- Orissa Tribal Tour (Bhubaneswar – Balliguda – Rayagada – Jeypore – Taptapani)
- Wild & Cultural Northeast Tour (Delhi – Kaziranga – Kalimpong – Kolkata)
- Ethnic Tour of Nagaland (Kolkata – Dimapur – Kohima – Khonoma – Kohima)